* The Eritrean Orthodox Tewahdo Church is the one Apostolic and Universal, and, for authentic right,
A. It is stated as ‘Eritrean’ for it is located within Eritrea’s sovereign integrity,
B. And it is affirmed that it is ‘Orthodox’ for the Church has the true faith,
C. And is called ‘Tewahdo’ for it believes and teaches that Lord Jesus Christ is One Essence and One Nature through incarnation, and, undoubtedly, He is an absolute God and absolute Man.
* The Church believes in the Oneness and Trinity of God, and God is Three in Name, Act and Body, and God is one in Divinity, Authority and Essence. And the Name of the Trinity is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
* And again the Church believes in the Son, the one who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven, was made man and was incarnate from the Holy Spirit and from the Holy Virgin Mary; became man, was crucified for our redemption. And through incarnation, He was of One Nature and One essence. He was then baptized in the Jordan River, and preached the usher of the Good Testament. For our redemption, He was crucified, passed-away and was buried. And as have been written in the scriptures, He rose from the dead in the third day, and ascended in glory to heavens. The Church, therefore, teaches that He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.
* The Church believes in the Mystery of Baptism for remission of sin, for getting the grace of adoption from God to inherit the kingdom of God. (John 3:5-8)
* And in addition to this, this Apostolic Church
Believes in the Holy Communion which, according to the scriptures, is a source of life and of the absolution from sin thereby who partakes from it gets a salvation. (John 6:54-57)
* Indeed, the Church teaches on the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in great glory and triumph. And then, all the dead will rise for to be judged by our Lord Jesus Christ whereby those who acted with good deeds will be inherit the Kingdom of the God, while those are acted with awful deeds are to condemned and to go down to hell. (Mat. 24:24-33: 25:46)
* Here again, this Apostolic Church teaches that the following seven sacraments are the source of spiritual graces:
- The Sacrament of the Baptism: through this, the faithful get the right of becoming the sons and daughters of God. (John 3:3-8)
- The Sacrament of the Holy Communion: and by this holy mystery, the Church ushers an absolute absolution and eternal life. (John 6: 52-58)
- The Sacrament of the Priesthood: this mystery of the Church authorizes the priesthood of the clerics thereby for giving them the authority for preaching, baptizing, servicing in the mass-liturgy and of absolution. (John 20:23)
- The Sacrament of Confession: this mystery is one of the Church’s pillar mysteries, and provides with getting an absolution. (Act 3:19-21)
- The Sacrament of Anointment: faithful are provided with a sacrament which gives spiritual growth and power. (Luke 1:8)
* Henceforth, the Church believes that the aforementioned sacraments provide faithful with visible and other abstract gifts.
* The Church believes that the Holy Virgin Mary, Angels, of Prophets, Apostles, Martyrs and Saints plead in their prayers from God. (John 2:1-13, Luke 20:37-39, Rev. 6:9, Heb. 12:15, Mat. 10:40-42)
* And the Church teaches about the vitality of spiritual deeds in the following way:
- Has three classifications, including of individual, family and communal prayers.
- And there are seven hours reserved for prayers. The Horology hours are, therefore, of the dawn at 6 AM, 9 AM of the morning, and 12:00 of the midway; again, it continues, 3:00 PM, 6 PM, 9 PM and 12 AM.
And the offertory can be bone in open and other indistinguishable way; similar to this,
Fasting is divided as of individual and those fasting which are under the declaration of the only authorized Church. Hence,
1. Fasts as of the Prophets (15 Nov.-28 Dec. of G.C),
2. Fasts on Wednesdays and Fridays,
3. On the eve of Christmas and Epiphany,
4. Fasts as of Nene (three days)
5. The Great Fast (55 days)
6. Fasts as of the Apostles (following to the 50 days of the Pentecostal days which falls on Monday)
7. And fasts as of the Apostles ‘Filseta’ (from August 1-15)
* According to the teachings of the Church, there are nine great holidays, and, again, there are nine other holidays. Yearly celebrations of the Holy Virgin Mary, of the Saints, and weekly holidays (Saturdays and Sundays) are among the lists.
* The Church has numerous parchments and other books of prayers, including books about the prayers recitations of nights and days, prayers of the morning hours, Sermons from the New Testament, Books of Mass Liturgy, and other prayers and regulatory books.
* In addition to the aforementioned points, the Eritrean Orthodox Tewahdo, has the following administrative pillars:
A. The Holy Synod
B. The Patriarchate
C. Headquarters of the Diocese
D. Sub-zonal Diocese Office,
E. And Office of a Respective Diocese of a Church
* The Church also uses a Calendar as of Demetrius.
* In literary life of the past and current days, the Church has an important role, and, in addition to this, no matter of such negatively architected efforts, the Church has still been active in using all words and linguistic heritages.
* And again, the Eritrean Orthodox Tewahdo has unison in dogmatic and regulatory conducts with Churches from Ethiopia, Egypt, Syria, Armenia and India. Hence, the Church shares the same faith in regard to divine nature and other sacraments, which, to authenticate here, are the sources of other unity with the aforementioned Churches.
* Undoubtedly, therefore, the Church accepts three councils, and are:
A. The Nicene Council
B. The Constantinople Council
C. And the Council of Ephesus
May God Guard the Church against all perils and challenges. Amen.